Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Great Joys

3 John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth"

Hi everyone,
I wouldn't say that I have any spiritual children like John did at the time of writing his letter, but there are a few "great joys" of my heart!

GREAT JOYS

1) Last weekend the grandfather of two of the youth in my church passed away. I loved the fact that the whole youth group showed up to be a support and encouragement to the two youths and the family. One of my great joys is seeing how the youth care for one another---and they do it because they truly care. It isn't that our youth group is perfect or anything, but I just love seeing Christ's love in action.

2) Another one of my "great joys" is seeing my friend Conchita respond to God's truth. She was a Catholic many years before finally trusting in Christ after the accident three years ago---and from that previous background still has little areas where she believes things that she was always told, but those things don't line up with Scripture. It's really cool to chat with her on some of these topics, discuss how I haven't found such and such an area in Scripture, and come back a few days later seeing that she has searched it out in the Bible for herself and saying, "What I always was told was true isn't in the Bible-----according to the Bible it's like this....."

In the midst of great joys, there are challenges. I have been asked to disciple someone that seems to have no interest in that process, Pray that God would work in this person's life---or maybe that I am just wrong in how I am perceiving things. I would love to be wrong in my thinking in this case!

Pray for strength in moments where my heart is grieved---and that every moment would be lived to the absolute fullest and for God;s glory!

It is a privilege to be here in Mexico! Thank you so much for your prayers!

1 comment:

Dan and Laura said...

It's good to read your "joys", Crystal! :)