Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Saturday, October 22, 2011

I Trust You And Can't Wait To Be With You!

Hi Everyone,

I am enjoying my sweet little cockatiels. They seem to have adjusted very well. I still am pondering what their names will be.

I am always amazed at the littlest one. Whenever he or she sees me anywhere near the door of the cage, she runs towards the door and climbs up on my hand at the moment I open the cage door. She wants time with me.

It is as if her actions say something like, "I trust you and can't wait to be with you!"

You know what? It is amazing to see the trust of these birdies. I mean when you think about it, we are so much bigger and powerful than they are---and yet they nestle down in my hand without fear. And they are trusting and depending on someone to give them everything they need and to take care of them in ways that they can't, such as continually providing fresh food, water, and a clean disinfected environment to live in.

You know it's sort of like us and God in a way. It is easy for humanity to think they are independent of God, but that isn't true-He is the one that has provided and keeps sustaining everything on the earth with His control--and without that we wouldn't be able to survive.

But it goes deeper than that. In a sense it is like God wants us to be like that little bird-resting and trusting--nestled in his powerful hand. To God, in our actions are we like that little bird eager to spend time with Him, saying, "I trust you and can't wait to be with you!"

No comments: