Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Brief Update

Hi Everyone,

Last night at youth group was great! We went to hang out at one of the youth's homes and actually had a nice devotional time together outside. It was refreshing to be outside of the city a little bit. We were enjoying hamburgers cooked on the grill when all of the sudden we realized that the ground was like seriously shaking. Turns out there was a 6.5 earthquake with the epicenter in Guerrero. (I had never felt one that big before--I wasn't scared though) Amazingly it sounds like there wasn't much damage, but three people were killed. Do pray that God would use these natural events like earthquakes to bring people to Himself, not only in Mexico, but all over the world.

As a youth group we were in charge of leading the Sunday church service this morning. It went well-we assigned tasks last night as we were eating together. Hopefully next time we can put more creative touches into the service--this time we just didn't have the time to do that. It really is neat seeing everyone serve together. They really are great kids!

December 12th is when many Mexicans celebrate "The virgin of Guadalupe." Pray that the truth of Jesus Christ would shine into people's hearts and lives that they may come to know Him as their Lord and Savior----for there is only one mediator between man and God and that is Jesus Christ. He is the only one worthy of our worship and praise.

Anyways it is literally almost midnight here and I am getting up early tomorrow. Thank you for your continued prayers. I just wanted to take a moment to let you know that I am still here----just busy but doing well.

Blessings to you all!

No comments: