Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Friday, January 6, 2012

God's Will Isn't Always Easy

Hi Everyone,

I've been thinking about something. I think it is common especially in the United States of America for some believers to think that the will of God is suppose to always be easy. That is an inaccurate assumption to make. Living in God's will has many blessings, but living a life obedient to God does not guarantee that it will be easy by any means.

Scripture tells us of people--like Job, Paul, the believers in Hebrews 11, and many others that did God's will--and it was anything but easy. They had hardships and trials pf various kinds. For many it cost them their lives. But they obeyed God and sought to do His will.

Following God's will sometimes means sacrificing our deepest desires and dreams to do what He asks us to. It means being a living sacrifice---surrendering him those deep things and letting Him have them and do what He sees as best. Sometimes it means grief and sorrow. And many times God's will means following a different plan in life- which is His plan for us instead of our own.

Sometimes I wrestle with the differences between His desires for me and the desires or dreams that I have that are good but may not be his will for me. But regardless of what happens, I have to trust Him and His ways. Thankfully, eventually, He always brings me back to a point of surrender.

We must believe as Scripture says that the will of God is good, pleasing, and perfect. There is a big difference between knowing that statement in our heads and trusting God with our whole hearts.

Will We echo the words of our Savior saying, "I have come to do Your will oh God?" (Hebrews 10:7)

No comments: