Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Finding Our Hope IN God

Hi Everyone,

I think I have touched on this before--but I have been thinking about it again-maybe I'll grab hold of the lesson the second, third, or rwentieth time around.

Psalm 25:5
"Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Psalm 42:5 (same verse repeated also in Psalm 42:11 and Psalm 43:5)
"Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."

Psalm 62:5
"Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him."

Psalm 146:5
"Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is IN the LORD their God. "

Our Hope has to come from God--and our hope has to be IN him. It is so easy in this world t let other things--even good things become our hope and satisfaction. God gives us every good gift, but we can't let anything get in the way of or take the place of Him.He is our hope and the source of our trust. He is our hope,--may our greatest desire always be Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go after the joy, Crystal! He is near and He is great. "Joy is the realest reality, the fullest life, and joy is always given, never grasped. God gives gifts and I give thanks and i unwrap the gift given: joy." (One Thousand Gifts, Ann Voskamp, page 57.)

Praying for you, my dear.
Deane