Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Refined In The Valley

Hi Everyone,

The Valley Of The Shadow
Sung by Rhonda Gunn-Not sure if she wrote the lyrics as well.

Verse 1
I find myself here once again
in this lonely place
nothin' sustains me through the crushing wind
but Your amazing grace

though the dark is long it's clear to see
Your goodness & mercy have followed me

Chorus
here where I learn to live & I learn to die
& my world & my flesh get crucified
& I am refined by the heat of the battle
but I will survive - You keep me alive
You wipe away my tears
I will not fear the Valley Of The Shadow

Verse 2
I walk the dark fields remembering
sunny mountain highs
while through the aching & hungering
strong faith grows inside

my reflection is clear in these waters below
but You lead me here to restore my soul

Repeat Chorus

I will not fear the Valley Of The Shadow
I will not fear the Valley Of The Shadow
the Valley Of The Shadow

We are refined and strong faith grows as we are refined---in the valley. It is all about the process. Sometimes God does his greatest work in us when we are at very low moments. the valley is a blessing in disguise. We learn to live for Him and die to self--and are transformed even more into the image of Christ if we allow Him to do so. And though the valley may seem like the unlikely place, there He restores us, for even there His goodness and mercy have followed us and He himself is with us. There is nothing to fear.

No comments: