Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Prayer Requests for Michoacan Trip

Hi Everyone,

We leave at 1:00 for our trip to Michoacan to work amongst the Purepecha ethnic group. We return the evening of the 17th.  (No internet access until I return.)

Prayer Requests--

Safety as we travel the 7 or 8 hours today and safety as we travel to the four other communities where we will be serving as well

That we will be used as salt and light-we are going to a few areas that are really closed to the gospel.

That we would all get along, have wonderful fellowship,  and work together as a team-no problems so far--but we want to keep it that way and be a good testimony.

For safety in the various community projects we will be doing.

That everyone stays healthy

For cultural sensitivity and understanding amongst the people with whom we will be working.
 
For rich devotional times together--youth are leading devotions on different days-I will be giving the devotional on the 17th--our last day.

That the Lord would hold off the rain in the three afternoons that we will be doing our children's program.

For the children that will attend the children's program-that the truth of His Word would be planted as a seed in their hearts--that several would trust in Christ either as a result of God working in them during the program or later on in life.

For the youth that are participating in the trip--for several it is their first missions experience----that God would use this trip to grow their desire to to serve n cross-cultural missions, possibly call one or two of them to eventually serve full-time, or to be promoters and "senders" at their churches, or to be involved  in other ways to advance God's Kingdom as He leads them. .

For me especially as I maneuver puppets in the children's program and participate as the main character in one of the mimes used to present the gospel---that I would have the coordination and acting ability that I need, and that I wouldn't stress  about it and just do my best.

That God would be glorified and that His Kingdom would be furthered as a result of this mission trip.


Thanks for your prayers-I know it is a semi-long list. Will catch up with you all when I get back.

No comments: