Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Trip Update


Hi Everyone,
Thank you for your patience in waiting for me to update this blog. I've been back a week from the trip to the Purepechas in the state of Michoacan, but I had several things that I had to finish before I would allow myself to update the blog. Thankfully I am now getting more caught up on things since getting back.

Here is a picture of the team that went on the trip!

We had the privilege of serving together in 6 different communities, putting five roofs on homes that needed fixing, carried out three children's programs, and held three youth events. The trip was an eye opening experience for me, and it was good to work together as a team..

Here I am wearing the typical Purepecha dress which was an honor!  (LOTS of layers of clothing!!)


I got to enjoy a little time with a kitten at a moment when I needed it :)


On our way back home we stopped at a national park in Morelia that had all kinds of natural beautiful waterfalls! (this video is side-ways-unfortunately I was unable to rotate it with software that would work for the blog) This waterfall was the biggest one-beautiful!


Thank you for praying for us-it was clear that God was with us the whole time and it was amazing to be a small part of being His hands and feet to those around us.

More updates on things since the trip to follow tomorrow!

No comments: