Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Friday, April 26, 2013

Choosing To Love When Its Hard

Hi Everyone,

Sometimes we have to choose to love even when its hard. My birdie Faith's personality has changed--now he hates being held and bites me if I try to hold him. :( Maybe it is because of breeding season, or because I have been busy the past months. Thankfully he still sings beautifully and even says "pretty bird" now

I choose to love him anyway even when he responds in ways that aren't so nice. I miss the sweet bird, that used to cuddle and beg me to scratch his neck, that he used to be.

To changing the subject, to a much deeper and more important matter, sometimes love isn't easy with people either. Its hard for example when you love someone that maybe makes choices that you don't understand. Sometimes love has to do things that are hard and it is difficult to know how to go about certain situations that come up. Loves bears all things, always hopes, and always perseveres. Love trusts that God is working out things for the good, living by faith and not by sight.

And then we think of God who loved us first---and chose to love is when we were trapped in sin and far from Him. Maybe we weren't that easy to love but He loved us so much and paid the price by sending His one and only Son to die for us taking our sin upon himself when He had never sinned. He pursued us with a love that persevered, filled with hope that never gave up and had a perfect plan to draw us to Himself at the right time.

So as we follow in His footsteps, we keep choosing to love even when its hard because He first loved us.

No comments: