Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Things Shaken

Hi Everyone,

Some of you have been asking--Yes we did have a 7.6 earthquake on Tuesday at mid-day on the 20th. (I've heard some differing opinions on the Richter Scale measurements of the quake.) And yes, I did feel it. It must have lasted close to two minutes at least. We had finished our prayer time for workers overseas and I went upstairs to pray with someone else about an important matter. And while we were praying and talking the earthquake happened. (Puts a whole new meaning to the statement that prayer moves mountains!) I couldn't help but think of Paul in jail in the book of Acts when they were singing and praying and the earthquake happened---I certainly was not in jail by any means though and the situations don't even begin to compare :) Anyways, we just prayed the house would hold up (it was swaying slightly) while everyone else had long since ran outside--maybe it was silly to stay inside but my prayer partner and I didn't want to ruin the serious moment of prayer that we were having! I kept thinking it would stop any second!

So definitely this was the biggest earthquake I have experienced thus far, with no damage in our area, but some damage, and unfortunately some lost lives in a few other places, but amazing that for its magnitude not more damage or lives were lost. God is good! I was reminded never to take for granted the blessing of coming home to a "standing" house!

I guess the earth wasn't the only thing that was shaken here this week. Lots of changes are going on in my life right now, and sometimes I feel like things are getting "shook up" around me. But the amazing thing is that no matter how much life sometimes hurts or changes, God is still our Solid Rock! He really is the one that we need, and hopefully in the midst of the changes, we come to a deeper place of trust in Him.

We can always trust Him no matter how much things around us are shaken.

Isaiah 26:4 " Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal."

No comments: