The christian life is ours to enjoy---but many of us are secretly living it with dread and drudgery. Or maybe we look at it as surviving but not thriving.
Part of the reason we might be living it with dread is because we've turned the Christian walk of faith into something it was never meant to be,,,,,
1) We've possibly turned it into a list of sorts by our own effort trying to please God and "do the right thing" rather than simply enjoying the relationship
2) We're possibly viewing God inaccurately--for example we may view Him as totally disappointed in us when we sin rather than realizing the depths of what it meant when we were justified at salvation and already made right with Him
3) We possibly think that getting victory is something we have to work at, rather than something that we have already received.
4) We possibly take on the responsibility of managing our sin and trying to stop, when in reality the only real sin management isn't and can't ever be managed by us, because we are transformed only by Him alone working in and through us.
5) We possibly view ourselves inaccurately believing lies about who we truly really are in Christ rather than seeing and believing the truth of all that we are in Him.
Are we just surviving, or thriving? We can thrive----because He is ours and the walk is ours to enjoy.