Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi Everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving! I certainly have a lot to be thankful for---Thanksgiving is a  special time--I remember three years ago being so desperate and without hope at this time of the year---and it is amazing three years later to the place where God in His grace has taken me!

I realize that it has been about two weeks since I updated my blog-there have been several reasons for that. Part of the reason is that I was busy trying to get my visa renewal in process, which I am thankful that it is finally in process, and should be valid for THREE YEARS!! (I am SO THANKFUL for the three years!)  I should get the new visa in a month or so. The process had literally changed about seven days before I went to immigration, so when I went to try to hand in my papers, I discovered that some things that I had "always needed before" were not needed, and others had to be re-worded according to the new regulations.

Because getting my paperwork in process took a little more time than I was expecting, I got behind on other matters that I needed to attend to regarding being  temporarily in charge of  our short-term worker department. So I spent a lot of this past week trying to take care of some things and make some decisions, deal with e-mail correspondence, etc.

Technically I was going to do something else related to short-term today but then I decided to accept the invitation of a husband and wife (my team mates) who are having a Thanksgiving gathering with the meal and all in their home with 20+ people attending.  So I decided that since I haven't been able to have a day off the last three weeks, I would take advantage of this after all.

Here is my contribution for the meal today:


Tomorrow evening I am helping with a children's Bible club that my church has started as an outreach to another community.

On Saturday I am inviting my youth group for pizza for lunch. We will be cleaning and decorating the church for Christmas in the morning

On Sunday we have my church's 25th anniversary celebration. We will be having a special service and a meal to follow.

Praise the Lord that Olga is doing much better health-wise!

Thank you for your prayers for all of these things and for something next week-I would appreciate prayers for a potentially hard conversation that I need to have.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving! May your hearts be overflowing with gratitude today and always to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

No comments: