Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Friday, September 2, 2011

The Joy Of Having Our Treasure In What Is Eternal!

Hi Everyone,

I have been thinking and reflecting upon the great joy that it is to have our treasure in what is eternal---and not being weighed down by the concerns and cares of this life.

Matthew 10:8b "Freely you have received, freely give."

Acts 20:35b "Jesus Himself said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"

Matthew 6:19-21 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

I am daily challenged to ask myself, Where TRULY is my treasure?" As we realize all that JESUS did for us, hopefully we reflect lives of wanting to bless others out of the gratitude of all that He has given to us--eternal life, forgiveness of sin, peace with God, every spiritual blessing in Christ-and so much more!

It all reminds me of this song.

The Lilies Of The Field--bu John Michael Talbot

Consider the ravens;
They do now sow and they do not reap.
Yet God, the Father, provides for them
Yet upon the earth these are among the smallest things.

Consider how the lilies grow;
They do not spin, and they do not reap
Yet I tell you now, not even Solomon
In all of his splendor was arrayed like any one of these

Chorus
So seek ye first the Kingdom of God
And the Wealth of HIS righteousness
For wherever your treasure lies
There will you find your heart

Be not concerned for your life,
Or your body;
What to eat, what to wear,
Or what you will do for tomorrow.

Seek out instead His heavenly kingdom
And the rest upon the earth in it's own time will follow

(repeat chorus twice)

There will you find your heart

No comments: