Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Importance Of Being A Peacemaker

Hi Everyone,

Because of some situations that I have been in the midst of or observing lately, I am daily reminded of the importance of being a peacemaker.

The way we interact with one another, whether in our own homes, in public, or whatever the situation may be, is so important. The way we speak to one another, esspecially in times where there is conflict, can either hurt or strengthen our testimony, depending on how we handle the situation. Our words, and the way we say them can either tear down or build up those around us. And what we say or do doesn´t just affect us--it affects those around us and contributes to the atmosphere they are exposed to.

It is so important to live at peace with those around us as much as is possible with us. We are NOT to be as the world, but rather we are to be reflecting CHrist to the world around us.

Proverbs 15:1 "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

Romans 12:17-18 "Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."

2 Corinthians 13:11 "Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you."

Hebrews 12:14 " Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord."

Please pray for me to have wisdom and to be a peacemaker....reflecting HIS LOVE to those around me---Thank you.

No comments: