Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Solid Rock

Hi Everyone,

I am doing well here in Mexico. Had a great talk with my sending base leaders yesterday to get caught up from my border trip and am looking forward to heading out to evangelize and pray with people at a hospital in a little while and am looking forward to hanging out with the youth group tonight too! :) God is good! My birdie Angel is also enjoying the fact that I have returned!

This hymn has been going through my head lately---might have posted it before but will do so again.

On Christ the solid rock I stand--all other ground is sinking sand!

Blessing to you all and thanks for praying!

The Solid Rock

Words by Edward Mote 1834

Music by William B Bradbury 1863

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.

Refrain

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

Refrain

His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.

Refrain

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

Refrain

1 comment: