Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Monday, June 21, 2010

Blessed Assurance.....Jesus IS Mine!!!!!!

Hi Everyone,

I don't think that this post is going to be very long tonight, but I just want to barrow the title of a Hymn that was written by someone that we have most likely all heard of---Frances (Fanny) J. Crosby. She was born in 1820 and was an American poetess and hymn writer who was blind. Some sources say that she wrote over 8,000 hymns in her lifetime!

So Fanny was born blind, but it seems, not very discouraged by that fact, because she knew with her heart that the very moment she saw Jesus, her Savior, in Heaven all of her struggles would be totally worth it. Her trials were only temporary on this earth.

How? How could she keep going? Facing life? Facing the trials and frustrations? SHE COULD BECAUSE OF ONE THING. She had BLESSED ASSURANCE-assurance that Jesus was indeed hers! And because she had that assurance NOTHING ELSE MATTERED!!! I can't put words in Fanny's mouth, but if she were alive today, I can almost bet that she would say the same thing--maybe in slightly different words.

It is the same for me, beloved friends! I don't know if you can relate to this, but my life--my whole life was FILLED with so many things: fear of death, shame, guilt, being unable to forgive myself for what I had done because I did not truly understand what God had done for me through the death of Jesus on the cross,and a lack of assurance that I was really His (belonged to God as His child through His work of saving faith in my life) AND NOW THERE ARE TRULY NO WORDS IN THE WORLD TO BE ABLE TO DESCRIBE THE PEACE AND JOY THAT HAS COME FROM HAVING ONE THING---BLESSED ASSURANCE!!!!

Like Fanny Crosby knew in her lifetime, I echo saying that I DON'T CARE WHAT HAPPENS!! IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE HE WILL SEE ME THROUGH AND LITERALLY BE WITH ME IN THE MIDST OF WHATEVER COMES!! NOTHING WILL HAVE THE POWER TO SEPARATE ME FROM HIS PRECIOUS NEVER-ENDING CONSTANT LOVE!!! THE BLESSED ASSURANCE-THERE IS NOTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD THAT IS WORTH AS MUCH AS THIS OR THAT WILL EVER COMPARE TO HAVING THE RICHNESS AND THE BEAUTY OF IT!!!

BLESSED ASSURANCE!!!!!!!!! Jesus IS MINE!!!!!!!NOTHING will ever take that away from me!!! NOTHING!!!!! Absolutely NOTHING!!! All praise be to my Savior--and to HIM ALONE!!!!

HE IS MINE FOREVER!!!!!

No comments: