Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Crossing the Line Between Godly Confidence and Arrogance????

hi Everyone,

I just wanted to honestly say something in the midst of all of this. A fellow co-worker pointed out that she was scared that my tone in the last two posts may have been some frustration at a few points (which I agree was the truth) and she was concerned that maybe I was crossing the fine line of confidence in the Lord towards arrogance. And I just want to say honestly and humbly before all of you that I HAVE NOT ARRIVED---as NONE OF US HAVE YET and that this has been an issue that I have been going to the Lord regularly about in this whole process, since I realized what He had done for me, because I realize that Satan would love to take a "good thing" that God has done and find a way to destroy it somehow and get his fingers into it.

I have asked the Lord to search my heart and honestly feel that nothing was intentionally said out of pride, but if there were and are elements of pride, I have asked for his forgiveness regarding that....and again I feel there is no condemnation. With all of the major changes that have happened in my life over the past five weeks, it has been almost too much for me to know how to handle myself as well...God's working....plus learning to really feel again all at once literally. I understand that some of what I say is maybe on the brash side but I don't feel I need to apologize for it, and it is written out of the motive because I feel so burdened that especially the "American Christian Culture" hears it. We have to face it the TRUTH DOES OFFEND.

Bottom line-Don't look at me--keep looking at Jesus Christ. So if there was arrogance unintended, I am sorry for that. Let's keep growing together in Jesus....and thanks for walking with me on the journey. Thank you, my sister in Christ, for pointing that out! I appreciate your honesty as I am honest with you..it is why we need each other.

No comments: