Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Holding Our Possessions Loosely

Hi Everyone,

I've been thinking about the past week and I think the biggest reminder that I have taken away from it is to hold my possessions loosely----The more stuff we have, the more complicated life can get. Every good gift comes from Him. God has given us things to enjoy--and there is nothing wrong with enjoying things--but our real treasure has to be Him----and knowing Him. And NOTHING compares to having Him as our greatest treasure!

Luke 12:15" Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.”

Matthew 6:20-21 "
But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Psalm 62:10b "
though your riches increase, do not set your heart on them."

No comments: