Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Reflections From Youth Group

Hi Everyone,

I was reminded last night as I was with the youth of all that God has done in my life in the last year. I have not forgotten. Someone mentioned the internal fight that sometimes takes place before one finally trusts Christ--and it instantly made me reflect back---I remember those days of inner turmoil--it was the hardest time of my life--but I would never change it for the world.

And yet almost exactly at the same time, as I reflected for a moment--I had this amazing peace and calm--and sat reveling in the fact that nothing will ever be able to take away the fact that I trust Him----and THAT is the most beatiful thing--nothing in the world compares to the joy and peace He gives--nothing!

I have come to realize that being with this group of youth is something that I eagerly look forward to--and is the first time I have ever enjoyed being part of a youth group and realize I can fully be myself and not have to pretend to be something I am not--I am sure part of that has to do with God´s work in my life. But I just also appreciate the fact that everyone gets along and they genuinely care for eachother---while some are closer in reltionship to certain ones than others there are no "clicks" and I have yet to hear someone say a word of gossip about another.

God has restored to me more blessings than I can ever begin to count---and the thing dof the past before Christ seldom come to mind.

GOD IS GOOD!

No comments: