Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Friday, June 17, 2011

My Yoke Is Easy And My Burden Is Light!


Hi Everyone,

When I was minitering ewith the youth last weekend, the picture above was one I was able tpo take. I thought it was kind of neat--these two animals shari=ing the weight of the toke between them so they will go at the same pace and stride.

It reminded me of this verse Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Jesus said these words. The only way that we can take His yoke upon us is for each person to have a personal relationship with Him by trusting in Jesus Christ's all sufficient paynent on the cross for our sin. When we trust Him we discover that we learn much from Him and that we find rest for our souls because we have the certainty of a home in Heaven with Him for all eternity. His yoke is easy and His burden is light. This does not mean that we do not face hard times or difficulties, but that we know He cares for our needs and has purposes in everything that we face--it is like the weight of things is shared between us and Him so to speak. We also learn that it is a delight to obey Him and that His commands are not burdonsome.

Hebrews 4:1 " Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it."

No comments: