Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Life Is Fragile...But God is Good!

Hi Everyone,

So this week had a few challenges.

On Monday I got the news that a friend that I cared about very much had gone home to be with the Lord--her death was not expected--very sad, but how wonderful to know that she is rejoicing.

Last night I took speckles out and showed her to my friends that live on my street--it was so great walking down the street with my bird on my shoulder. I ended up at Conchita's---and then we had that hard conversation that I wasn't expecting us to have---Her being honest about the complications of he health since the accident----and her saying, "Sometimes I feel like God might take me home soon." I know that that statement certainly possible---but then only God knows-and the more Conchita and I talk--the closer we become. We must enjoy each day that we are given.

Walking home with my bird speckles nestled into a towel sitting under my neck with one hand lightly covering her to protect her from the drops of rain, I was praising God for the beautiful blessing of such a tame bird as I hurried home---and tried to put her in the cage, but she refused and nestled back against me. I petted her softly and talked to her, tried to put her in the cage again, and she refused a second time---so I sat holding her for over half an hour---until all of the sudden she died and fell to the floor. She seemed relatively healthy so it was a surprise to me. It was so deeply sweet, precious, and yet bitter at the same time.

I thought to myself how sad it is that creation is affected as a result of man's sin. All of creation groans and awaits in hope for the glorious freedom of the children of God.

I woke up late this morning since I was up late with Speckles----and Amarillo is singing God's praises still---and even though he isn't friendly and doesn't trust me---His singing every morning reminds me that God is always worthy of our praise no matter what happens.

Yes, life is fragile, BUT GOD IS GOOD!

No comments: