Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Saturday, February 12, 2011

It's God's Ministry---Not Ours.

Hi Everyone,

Here are some thoughts that were mentioned by our devotional Speaker Stewart from team conference....and put in my own words.

Sometimes when we have been working really hard at something-especially in ministry--pouring ourselves into it----we can tend to start thinking that it is ours---and therefore be trying to "own" it.

In reality, however, the truth is--we don't own the ministry that we've had the privilege of participating in. We have only been given the privilege to participate in it because God has given it to us----and in reality the ministry is all God's.

God can take where we are currently involved and give it to any one else, if He would chose. We must hold it open-handed--remembering that it is God who works in the hearts and lives of people. This does not mean that we let go of all of our responsibility with what we have been entrusted for this time.

John put it this way John 3:25-30 "An argument developed between some of John’s disciples and a certain Jew over the matter of ceremonial washing. They came to John and said to him, “Rabbi, that man who was with you on the other side of the Jordan—the one you testified about—look, he is baptizing, and everyone is going to him.” To this John replied, “A person can receive only what is given from heaven. You yourselves can testify that I said, ‘I am not the Messiah but am sent ahead of him.’ The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom’s voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete. He must become greater; I must become less.”

We can only serve out of what God has already given to us----And Christ in us must become greater--we must become less. Ministry is not ours--and is not "about us." It's about Him.

Sometimes I feel like changing my blog title---because all that God is enabling and giving the privilege of is not mine at all.

No comments: