Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Friday, January 21, 2011

Hidden In Christ

Hi Everyone,

There is a verse and a concept I have been thinking about lately---the fact that we are hidden with God in Christ.

Colossians 3:2-4 "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your[a] life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."

Think about the comfort that it brings to know that we are hidden with God in Christ-that nothing will touch us apart from the Father's will for his perfect purposes, and even in those hard times that He allows there are greater things happening than we know of. and that nothing will ever change the fact that are hidden IN Him. To be hidden is to be sheltered, protected, sustained by Him.

Fanny Crosby put it so beautifully this way in the following hymn:

He Hideth My Soul

Words: Fanny Cros­by, 1890
Music: William J. Kirkpatrick (1838-1921)

1) A wonderful Savior is Jesus my Lord,
A wonderful Savior to me;
He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock,
Where rivers of pleasure I see.

Refrain:

He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock
That shadows a dry, thirsty land;
He hideth my life with the depths of His love,
And covers me there with His hand,
And covers me there with His hand.

2) A wonderful Savior is Jesus my Lord,
He taketh my burden away;
He holdeth me up, and I shall not be moved,
He giveth me strength as my day.

Repeat Refrain

3) With numberless blessings each moment He crowns,
And filled with His fullness divine,
I sing in my rapture, oh, glory to God
For such a Redeemer as mine!

Repeat Refrain

4) When clothed in His brightness, transported I rise
To meet Him in clouds of the sky,
His perfect salvation, His wonderful love
I’ll shout with the millions on high.

No matter what you are going through today, if you have trusted Christ, remember that you are hidden in Him.

Psalm 61:3-4 "For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings"

No comments: