Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Motives

Hi Everyone,

I've talked about this lately but I have been challenged yet again with the fact that there is flesh and self in everything that I do. There is nothing that I do out of a perfect pure motive simply because I love the Lord-self sneaks in.

I wish it wasn't that way. But I am grateful that one day I will be in His very presence and every hint of wanting to please, live for, or "glorify" self will be gone--AND HE WILL REMAIN.

John 3:30 "He must become greater; I must become less.”

So I guess I have been thinking a lot about why I do what I do and realizing I fall short every time--but God knows that. His grace is AMAZING!!!!

1 comment:

Dan and Laura said...

this is really encouraging this morning, Crystal. Thanks for your thoughts.