Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

How Are Your Glasses?

Hi Everyone,

The perception of how we interpret the world around us is greatly affected by the lies and truths that we believe about who God has created us to be.

It's sort of like wearing glasses or contacts. If my prescription is right then hopefully everything is going to be clear--just as if we are believing the truth according to God's perspective, everything is going to be more accurate and we will have an easier time relating to those around us because we see them as God sees them.

However, lets say that the way we perceive the world, God, others, and ourselves is filled with lies instead of aligning with His truth. Our view of things with the lies that we believe is going to be distorted and inaccurate. If we are believing lies, we may find out that it is hard to "be real" with others because we may be afraid.

But when we walk in the truth believing the truth according to how God sees us, we are able to see accurately and take our thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ.

So how are your glasses today?

No comments: