Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Sunday, January 16, 2011

When What God Asks Us To Do Looks "Crazy."

Hi Everyone,

There are times when God asks us to do things that may look totally crazy to those around us. I had an incident like that this week. Obviously, God is never going to ask us to do anything that is contrary to his nature or His Word. But we live in a world whose principles are expressed in statements like this:

"if it feels good, do it"
"get all you can while you can"
"He with the most toys wins"
"live to please yourself and be happy"

And our culture adopts so many of these into their lives. But we who believe are called to live by many things that are opposite of the world we live in. Some of them are like this:

"Be Holy as I am Holy"
"Freely you have received; freely give."
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
"In humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

And when we are living the ways that God calls us to, it may indeed look strange to the unbelieving world, or even sometimes to believers alike who are at times choosing to live more as the world. But we must keep living and obeying as God calls us to ---no matter how "strange" that looks.

1 comment:

Dan and Laura said...

Those verses are challenging and highlight things I've been learning about. Thanks for sharing! I pray for a heart that treasures Him more!