Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Monday, July 5, 2010

An Arrow In Your Quiver

Hi Everyone,

So last night I read this, Isaiah 49:2-5 "He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver. He said to me, "You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will display my splendor." But I said, "I have labored to no purpose; I have spent my strength in vain and for nothing. Yet what is due me is in the LORD'S hand, and my reward is with my God." And now the LORD says— he who formed me in the womb to be his servant to bring Jacob back to him and gather Israel to himself, for I am honored in the eyes of the LORD and my God has been my strength-"

And as I read that, this was my thought "Lord, I Know I am not Israel, and I am not Isaiah, by any means, but if it be Your Will, I want more than anything else in the world to be an arrow in your quiver----an arrow effective, gentle, and yet sharp, at the same time to communicate Your truth to a dying and compromising world that so desperately needs to hear it. Will You, By Your CHOOSING, POWER, STRENGTH, AND HOLY SPIRIT ALONE, make me that way? I AM WILING!!"

Then I started reading some of the other places in Isaiah like from chapter 47 on and I cannot help but think that, yes, although God was surely speaking to the tribes and all of Israel, that if He had words to say to our world today they would be THE SAME OR VERY SIMILAR!!! WHAT HE WROTE THEN IS ALSO APPLICABLE TO TODAY!!! I so wish I could express with words what happened (and happens) when I read Isaiah--it comes to me like a gentle shout--a WAKE UP CALL---yes A WAKE UP CALL TO US TODAY!!!

Are we listening? One day, perhaps soon, (We don't know when) JESUS WILL COME BACK. Are we ready for Him? Are we preparing our hearts? I am asking myself these same questions. Let's not be so caught up in our world and our culture(s) that we fit in without even thinking---GOD HAS CALLED US TO HIGHER LIVING THAN THAT---A LIFE LIVED IN HIM. May all that you and I do, be done, because WE LOVE HIM, although we have not yet seen Him. After all it was Jesus Christ that LOVED US FIRST!!!--While we were still sinners, He died for us--NOT BECAUSE HE "had to" but He did it WILLINGLY!

WHAT WONDROUS LOVE IS THIS!!!!!!!!!! REJOICE, oh my soul, REJOICE!!!!

No comments: