Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Rejoice in the Lord and Enjoy The Moments Given To Us!

Hi Everyone,

I am thinking about something today, as a major part of my personal life has been in a huge adjustment and transition. I have been thinking about the fact that God has given us life in part to truly enjoy first and foremost God himself and our relationship with Him--above everything else. Psalm 64:9-10 tells us, "All mankind will fear; they will proclaim the works of God and ponder what he has done. Let the righteous rejoice in the LORD and take refuge in him; let all the upright in heart praise him!" Psalm 68:3-4 tell us, "But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful. Sing to God, sing praise to his name, extol him who rides on the clouds—his name is the LORD—and rejoice before him." Philippians 3:1 says, "Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you." and Philippians 4:4 says, "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" There isn't really any other option that is better than living a life of rejoicing and thanksgiving before God when we have a personal relationship with Him.

There isn't too much more that I think about except the awe of God and a relationship with Him, and the unquenchable longing to serve again one day with the Mexico team in His time for the right reasons, and for His glory--I can't imagine doing anything else at the moment, but if He wanted something else, even if it broke my heart, I would do it for Him out of surrender and obedience. It isn't about me anymore!

There are a few other things I could add to this post, as "things to rejoice in Because if Christ," but I may do a part two on "rejoicing" another day.

The other things that God wants us to enjoy in life are His provision--food, objects used as tools to work and serve Him, people--the moments shared together....not thinking ahead to tomorrow in dread and worry, but enjoying today and His many blessings to us!

We see that He considers Israel when they went off to battle in Deuteronomy-this may have been to possibly downsize the army--I am not sure, but notice what God said. He considered where they were at. Deuteronomy 20:5-8 says, "The officers shall say to the army: "Has anyone built a new house and not dedicated it? Let him go home, or he may die in battle and someone else may dedicate it. Has anyone planted a vineyard and not begun to enjoy it? Let him go home, or he may die in battle and someone else enjoy it. Has anyone become pledged to a woman and not married her? Let him go home, or he may die in battle and someone else marry her." Then the officers shall add, "Is any man afraid or fainthearted? Let him go home so that his brothers will not become disheartened too."

God considered where each one was at and told those that had built new houses, planted vineyards, or a man pledged to a woman but not yet married, or anyone who was afraid or fainthearted that they were not to fight at this time.

God wants us to enjoy life, all according to His Perspective, obviously, above all, enjoying and rejoicing in Him first. We should not exalt in our possessions or any other thing, or finding our security in any other thing but the Person of Jesus Christ. But God wants us to enjoy today, according to His truth and right ways that bring honor to Him, leaving tomorrow in His hands--He will take care of it. He is already with tomorrow!

So I had an opportunity to enjoy time with my family today--it was precious. Words could not describe it! I know that very soon those moments of us being together will be few and far in between. However, I tried not to think about that as much, and just enjoy today. At the same time, I very clearly understand that the separation is only temporary, even though it may be for awhile. And so, I was and am able to truly praise God, that TODAY I was able to enjoy Him first and foremost, and the joy of being with some of those that I dearly love---and KNOW that He holds, takes care of, and loves them too!! And He will be faithful to do the same for me!!

PRAISE HIM FOR HIS FAITHFULNESS AND PERFECT CARE TO EACH ONE OF US!!!

No comments: