Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Saturday, July 10, 2010

ONE THING!!

Hi Everyone,

Sometimes when I write these posts, I think I am repeating myself over and over about certain things..and yet I can't help BUT NOT TO DO SO!

I guess what is still so amazing to me is that when God brings you to the place where you are able to have a change of mind about your sin and also turn from rejecting Him to trusting in what Jesus Christ has done on the cross, it is amazing the whole shift of mind and transformation that takes place.

It is a transformation where instead of living for yourself and seeking glory for yourself, you are instead changed to the point that you are living for Him and IT IS ALL ABOUT HIS GLORY!

That is the one thing-the one thought that consumes my mind with a passion over and over without end--actually there are probably two thoughts, The first is THAT IT IS INDEED ALL ABOUT HIM GETTING ALL THE GLORY. I LITERALLY CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT THAT! I don't even want the glory for myself anymore!

I Imagine this is why First Corinthians 10:31 says, "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." I realize that Paul is talking to believers here about their lifestyles and not causing their brother or sister in Christ to stumble, where something such as eating what was considered "unclean meat" in the Old Testament may be considered a sin to a Jew, whereas a Gentile (someone not of Jewish heritage) may feel a total liberty to eat whatever. But I think that this verse has another application for us besides that one-at least it could be applied this way in concept.

Whatever we do, even the basic functions of life to keep ourselves healthy, alive, and available for His service, such as the necessity (Yes, its a necessity) of eating and drinking, should ultimately be done by us as an act of Worship to God for HIS GLORY. Yes, there should naturally be a part of enjoyment in those processes by us, and that is not wrong. Ecclesiastes 8:15 says "So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." I thought there was a verse someplace that said God has given us everything to enjoy, but I can't find it. However, even in our enjoyment, we must remember that IT REALLY IS ALL ABOUT HIM GETTING THE GLORY!!!

I found this verse too-pretty cool and slightly on a different topic-one of my personal testimony ones, I guess. Job 33:28 "He redeemed my soul from going down to the pit, and I will live to enjoy the Light.

Yep! Definitely doing that right now and hopefully with my every last breath for the rest of my life :)

so way back towards the beginning of this post, I mentioned two thoughts that consume my thinking, on a constant and continual basis, now that I am a Believer.The first is that our lives are all about God getting the glory. The second thought that constantly consumes me IS THAT GOD IS LOVING----JESUS CHRIST WAS THE ULTMATE EXPRESSION OF GOD'S LOVE-----AND THAT GOD IS GOOD!!

I love this last verse I was led to--sort of like a prayer of blessing, of sorts, over you all.

3 John 1:2 "Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well."

No comments: