Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Monday, July 19, 2010

May The Mind Of Christ.....

Hi Everyone,

We sang a song in church on Sunday to close the service. (To my dear friend Jill C. I am NOT trying to copy your blog post---I left church thinking I HAVE TO put that on my blog!! I am just now getting around to it!)

1 Corinthians 2:14-16 "The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment: "For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ."

Philippians 2:5 "Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus" Some versions do say "mind" Both words seen to carry the same idea.

Mark 12:29-30 "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'"

As you read this or sing it if you know the tune, sing or read it as a prayer to God from your heart. The lyrics are so rich in depth and doctrine! Unfortunately I don't have the time tonight to comment as I would love to! Just THINK of the truth of these words!!! This was a woman who loved God!!

May the mind of Christ, my Savior

Words by Kate B Wilkinson the lyrics date back to 1925

May the mind of Christ, my Savior,
Live in me from day to day,
By His love and power controlling
All I do and say.

May the Word of God dwell richly
In my heart from hour to hour,
So that all may see I triumph
Only through His power.

May the peace of God my Father
Rule my life in everything,
That I may be calm to comfort
Sick and sorrowing.

May the love of Jesus fill me
As the waters fill the sea;
Him exalting, self abasing,
This is victory.

May I run the race before me,
Strong and brave to face the foe,
Looking only unto Jesus
As I onward go.

May His beauty rest upon me,
As I seek the lost to win,
And may they forget the channel,
Seeing only Him.

LET'S THINK ABOUT THESE GREAT TRUTHS THIS WEEK!!!

If i can but barrow this precious child of God's words may I say to you, blessing you, "May the WORD of GOD DWELL RICHLY in YOUR HEARTS FROM HOUR TO HOUR SO ALL MAY SEE THAT YOU TRIUMPH ....ONLY THROUGH HIS POWER!!!!"

No comments: