Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Celebration---My Baptism!

Hi Everyone,

I got baptized this morning at my sending/home church! Baptism DOES NOT save us Baptism is rather an opportunity to share publicly before church family, family, friends, and the community that the person being baptized has come to the place where they have given Jesus their TRUST for salvation. It is an opportunity for the person being baptized to obey the Lord in taking this step, and to also communicate that they want to continue living a life of obedience to the Lord out of gratitude and love for Him, because of what JESUS CHRIST did on their behalf on the cross, taking their punishment for sin upon Himself, and rising from the grave three days later, proving that HE is God!

Here is the link to the video for anyone that either wasn't able to be there or anyone who cares to see it. (It is too big of size to post on blogger) 3 minute length. (Copy the link and paste it into the internet address spot)
Praise the Lord! It is all to His glory!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWtx8oUTb3U

My friends, Jill and Glenn, gave some flowers as a gift of celebration--thank you Jill and Glenn for your kind gift and thoughtfulness! Here I am afterward holding the flowers.





P.S. Special thanks to Doug L. for taking the video.

And praise the Lord that I live in a country where right now we can have the freedom to publicly do this!

No comments: