Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Delights In Ministry





Hi Everyone,

This Summer I've had some incredible privileges. The top of my list in delights with ministry have been two women at two different times that were without a permanent place of residence. One of them I had interacted with before the Lord changed my life and brought me to Himself--so she got to see the changes in my life---infact she was near close to one of the first people that I gave mt testimony to. We "ran into each other" another four or five times after that...and she blessed me so much....but I haven't seen her since I came back from the mini conference with my team in Mexico in August.

The second lady came into my life shortly after that. And now she is gone too.....at least from the place she had dared to try to call home for about four months. I am REALLY going to miss talking to her and buying little practical things like a bottle of water for her. The heart-shaped pillow above is something that she made and gave to me, and I told her that every time that I see that, I would be reminded to pray for her. I hope she is in a safe place or maybe has found a place of residence.

I have something to say about people "without a residence." I know there are lots of stereotypes out there about them all being addicted to alcohol or drugs, but I just want to say that this is NOT necessarily the truth---and they are just dying for someone to treat them like a person----not everyone has chosen to be without a residence because they "are lazy" or whatever. Just saying Hi and talking for awhile might really make their day and they will wonder what makes you so different and why you don't ignore them like anyone else.

Being without a residence is extremely difficult...I went through something that taught me how to relate to people in that kind of a situation.

What a delight it is to minister to others with HIS love!

No comments: