Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Monday, September 6, 2010

And Then I Remember......The Great Gifts I Have Been Given!

Hi Everyone,

I have to confess that sometimes, even in the midst of the exciting times of life there can be moments where I am tempted to give into discouragement or sadness. Please pray that I won't do that.

But it is in those moments that I remember

The Great gifts that I have been given.....eternal salvation.....a personal relationship with the Father.......forgiveness of ALL of my sin......FOREVER!!!

The Great gifts that I have been given....every spiritual blessing IN CHRIST!!

The Great gifts that I have been given....peace that passes all human understanding and comprehension.

The Great gifts that I have been given....a family in the Lord..which extends country and cultural boundaries all over the world....facing similar trials so I am NOT to lose heart.

The Great gifts that I have been given....opportunities EVERY DAY to share of His love to many who will one day come to trust Him as I have.

The Great gifts that I have been given....the HOPE of Heaven! No wonder I became so thrilled as we talked about Heaven during our last adult Sunday school class yesterday!!! I was just like, "let's go!!!" (Obviously God still has some things for me to do here, so going there isn't an option....YET...But one day it will be!!!

And as I REMEMBER, I praise the Lord for the GREAT GIFTS I HAVE BEEN GIVEN......and I REMEMBER HOW GREAT AND GOOD HE IS.....STRENGTHENING MYSELF IN THE LORD.....REMINDING MYSELF OF HIS TRUTH THAT DOES NOT CHANGE.

1 Samuel 30:6 "Moreover David was greatly distressed because the people spoke of stoning him, for all the people were embittered, each one because of his sons and his daughters But David strengthened himself in the LORD his God." (NASB)

We MUST strengthen ourselves IN THE LORD, Beloved!! Recalling all that HE is and all that HE has done....preaching to ourselves and telling ourselves HIS TRUTH...so that we do NOT forget!!!...and REMEMBER......

I wonder if David strengthened himself with the words below.

Psalm 103:1-22--of David

Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-

who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases

who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,


who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.


The LORD works righteousness
and justice for all the oppressed.

He made known his ways to Moses,
his deeds to the people of Israel:

The LORD is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.


He will not always accuse,
nor will he harbor his anger forever;

he does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.

For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;


as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

As a father has compassion on his children,
so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;


for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust

As for man, his days are like grass,
he flourishes like a flower of the field;

the wind blows over it and it is gone,
and its place remembers it no more.

But from everlasting to everlasting
the LORD's love is with those who fear him,

and his righteousness with their children's children-

with those who keep his covenant
and remember to obey his precepts.


The LORD has established his throne in heaven,
and his kingdom rules over all.

Praise the LORD, you his angels,
you mighty ones who do his bidding,
who obey his word.

Praise the LORD, all his heavenly hosts,
you his servants who do his will.

Praise the LORD, all his works
everywhere in his dominion.
Praise the LORD, O my soul.



And I REMEMBER.....the Great gifts that I have been given.....NOTHING HAS CHANGED...........I STILL SERVE THE SAME FAITHFUL AND TRUSTWORTHY GOD WHO IS WORTHY OF ALL OF THE HONOR AND THE PRAISE......FOREVER!!!!!

No comments: