Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Deceit ---Why God Detests It So Much

Hi Everyone,

Before God saved me and transformed my life by drawing me to place my trust in Him for salvation, I lived a very deceitful life. It isn't something that I am proud of.

But today, at our Women's Bible Study at church, I guess we were talking and the topic came up about how god hates deceitfulness, and I can't remember why I gave the answer, like if it was a question asked, or just my personal thought now.

So my thought was basically that God obviously despises all of our sin and ALL of it offends Him. But the reason why there are so many verses about God detesting lying lips and deceitfulness is because HE HIMSELF IS THE TRUTH----AND THERE IS NOT EVEN A HINT OF DISHONESTY AND DECEITFULNESS IN HIM------AND absolutely everything that He has said is the TRUTH.

Here are a few verses off the top of my head.

Proverbs 12:17,19-20,22,28 "A truthful witness gives honest testimony, but a false witness tells lies. Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only a moment. There is deceit in the hearts of those who plot evil, but joy for those who promote peace. The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in men who are truthful. In the way of righteousness there is life; along that path is immortality."

There is QUITE A CONTRAST between those that live in deceit and those that live lives of honesty according to God's truth..because as I said--He IS the Truth! Truthful lips endure forever----cool!

When I am reminded of What God has saved me from, IT NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME WITH GRATITUDE.....WOW!!!

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

No comments: