Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Responses I Get

Hi Everyone,

1 Peter 1:14-16 "As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."

I've received some comments in conversation or e-mail (not on the blog) but related to my blogs about "our speech." (Click the "our speech" link below this post for previous posts on the topic, if you aren't sure what I am talking about.) I am not trying to be legalistic or "play the Holy Spirit's role" in any way in anyone's life by saying this.

But just as a general observation, I've noticed that many of my generation and "younger" generations have commented to me that "it isn't a big deal regarding our speech," or "that there isn't anything wrong with euphemistic usage."

Meanwhile, many others who are older say things like, "This is exactly what our society and world need to hear!"

And there are many regardless of age that are somewhere in between on this issue.

I am NOT saying that age is an issue or the main factor. Really whatever we say is a reflection of what is in our hearts, and as I have said so many times--I have not arrived or bridled my speech perfectly in ANY means.

But I think that the younger generations, including my own, have heard so much filthy words on TV, out in life, etc that maybe somewhat we are becoming desensitized to things that our world "accepts" but that dishonor God.

Obviously it is between each individual and the Lord.....but we ALL meed to search our hearts.

And the Lord has A LOT of work to do in my life regarding this issue yet.

No comments: