Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Friday, September 17, 2010

Glorious Freedom Of The Children Of God

Hi Everyone,

Romans 8:19-21 "The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God."

1 Peter 1:10-12 "Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.""

The glorious freedom of the children of God-----and the gift of salvation that the angels LONG to but look into----the Work of God in a Human heart to draw men unto Himself----something so astounding that the angels nor can we cannot fully comprehend how God does it.

We have a GLORIOUS FREEDOM---and nothing else on earth could substitute for it----something that those who do not yet KNOW Jesus cannot understand-----for they do not yet know what they are missing!

The JOY that I have as I write this is completely indescribable with words--I am left speechless-in awe!

Galatians 5:1 "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."

We must be careful with that precious freedom---a FREEDOM that compares to no other that we have presently....or will ever know on earth!

Interestingly, as I was typing this, this was the song that "happened" to be playing in the background!

"This Is How It Feels To Be Free" Phillips, Craig, And Dean

1) There is a wall that has been standing
Since the day that Adam fell
Sin is where it started
And Sin is why it held
Speakin as a prisoner
Who was there and lived to tell
I remember how it fell

I can here the sound of freedom
Like a distant voice who called
And beckon me to follow
Where I had never gone
And though my heart is willin'
I just stood there at the wall
Prayin somehow it would fall

But in a cross I found a doorway
And a hand that held a key
And when the chains fell at my feet
For the first time I could see

Chorus:
This is how it feels to be free
This is what it means to know that
I am forgiven
This is how it feels to be free
To see that life can be more than i imagined
This is how it feels to be free
This is how it feels to be free Yeahhh!


2) There are days when I'm reminded
Of the prison I was in
Like a living nightmare
Burning from within
I can feel the voice of evil
I can hear the call of sin
But I wont go back again

See, once I've tasted freedom
Then the walls could bind no more
Since mercy gave me wings to fly
Like an eagle I can soar

repeat chorus

3) Somewhere there's a prison
Where the chains still burn
If not for the grace of god
Those walls could still be mine
So far all the captives are saved

repeat chorus

And might I add that on the days when we don't "feel free," NOTHING HAS CHANGED and We still have been fred from the bondage of sin and brought into HIS glorious light!

No comments: