Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Christ Is Better

Hi Everyone,

My Sunday School class about Heaven has ended. I looked at the new Sunday School Classes being offered and the one that appealed to me above the rest was the book of "Hebrews." So today was the first class.

I think it is going to be awesome!

Hebrews is all about showing Why Christ is better than the old sacrificial system----written to professing Jewish Believers that had considered going back to the old sacrificial system rather than suffering under the trials they were facing as Believers. WE REALLY WOULD BE MISSING SO MUCH WITHOUT THE BOOK.

Just look at the first four verses of chapter 1 "In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs."

I just love how whoever wrote it jumped right to the meat of the issues! Paul usually starts His letters with a greeting. And let me tell you those first four verse say a lot! I mean just think of the awesomeness-Christ creating the world--who is the heir of ALL things, and BEING THE RADIANCE OF GOD'S GLORY, the EXACT REPRESENTATION of His being, SUSTAINING ALL THINGS through His POWERFUL Word.

There is none other that EVEN BEGINS to compare to HIM!! Christ is BETTER!!

And not only what was listed above from the verses, but that HE made PURIFICATION FOR SINS-PERFECT COMPLETE PURIFICATION and demonstrated it as a FINISHED work when he sat down at the right hand of God--no more "purification" needed to take place--not by our efforts nor by His own!

And He is SUPERIOR above all other names that have been or ever will be.

Sunday school class was no doubt so exciting! But as if that wasn't enough then I went to church and our Pastor was preaching on Psalm 110, which references back to Hebrews and tons of other spots! I was listening to the sermon, but flipping through the Bible trying to find all of the cross references to Psalm 110:1 "The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet."

The sermon went by like five minutes literally!! I loved it, but we barely touched the tip of the iceberg----Isn't it awesome how God's Word is unable to be exhausted in the depths of it's treasure! :) I love it!

So here are several of the cross references that I found (I will just list them---look them up if you so feel inclined)

Psalm 110:1 cross references to:
2 Samuel 7:12-16
Hebrews 1:13
Hebrews 10:13
Mathew 5:35
Matthew 22:41-46
Luke 20:43
Acts 2:35
Acts 7:49
Psalm 32:7 not totally sure if it fits but neat!
Psalm 99:5
Isaiah 66:1-2
Philippians 2:5-11
Ephesians 1:20-24

So I thought it was cool how the two--my Sunday School class and the sermon correlated and complimented each other QUITE NICELY!!!!

And there WILL be more on Hebrews, for sure!!!!

AND JESUS CHRIST IS INDEED BETTER THAN ANYTHING OR ANYONE ELSE IN THIS WORLD!! AND IF WE THINK THERE IS ANYONE OR ANYTHING BETTER, WE HAVE SERIOUS ISSUES-----MAY THERE BE NO DISTRACTIONS AS WE PURSUE HIM!!!

No comments: