Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thirst For Righteousness

Hi Everyone,

I've been thinking about this verse lately.

Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

I've been a believer for the past four months---it has been incredible--The Holy Spirit does a great job at discipleship!!!

And I still have to say that it is so refreshing and such a contrast to truly be desiring to "live for righteousness."----to live in obedience to God rather than just living to please myself, which is exactly what I was doing before I had ever trusted Christ!

Yes, it is a blessing to live in accordance with the will of God in obedience to Him. To hunger and thirst after living as He would desire me to---doesn't mean i do that perfectly, but there is an honest attempt each day to do so, out of love for Him.

I love the verse because it says the reason why it is a blessing to hunger and thirst for righteousness--BECAUSE THOSE WHO DO SO WILL BE FILLED. "Filled"-----satisfied---having enough----delighted in living for Jesus Christ and tasting of His Holy and perfect pleasures.....forevermore!

No comments: