Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Individual Searching and Interested in the Gospel

Hi Everyone,

After yesterday's slightly discouraging situation that occurred during my "errand outing" in the city, today's outing was a little more encouraging.

I was at a certain place and going to catch another bus when a young man began to talk to me. He asked what I did for a job. I told him I work as a cross-cultural Evangelical Christian Believer in Mexico. He immediately asked which church I went to. I asked if he was new to the area and he said he was fairly new to town here and was interested in finding a church to attend. I told him where I went and recommended a few others in town that may be good possibilities.

I kept trying to turn the conversation towards the Lord, shared bits of my testimony, and eventually asked him if he knew where he honestly stood with the Lord. He said he honestly wasn't sure and was trying to figure that out. I encouraged him to read the Bible and seek the Lord and go through the process of coming to the truth as God sees it. I told Him it is indeed something he needs to get figured out personally. I shared the gospel with him as he mentioned another person had been telling him the same things.

He said others had been trying to convince him that the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses were the truth. I told him that the only way to God is through Jesus Christ...there is no other mediator. He said he feels that what the others (Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons) believe didn't seem to line up with the Bible and didn't seem correct.

I don't even know his name, but let's pray for this young man-----that the Lord would bring his searching to an end and that he would come to a knowledge of the Truth.

I came back from my errand really encouraged! I was praying for an opportunity like that today.

No comments: