Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Learning To Grieve In The Body Of Christ

Hi Everyone,

Right now I have several friends that are going through some very hard things--their circumstances and situations of grief are very different...but very real just the same. I myself am also going through a few situations, which I would honestly say that I am grieving, and no one has died in this occasion.

But yet there is joy--not always that cheerfulness, but rather the peace and confident trust in the Person of Jesus Christ and that humble knowledge that God is in control--that He is working all things out for the good of my own life and the lives of my friends and those they love, even though the circumstances look grim and are painful.

I think we grieve a lot more than we realize we do----there are losses and changes in life all the time--some are smaller or bigger than others.

And we don't need to "spiritualize" the grief either-we tend to do that so much in the body of Christ. There is NOTHING wrong with working through things or crying, or admitting you don't understand why something is happening--and even struggling to come to conclusions with God about it...fora time...but seeking His truth as you struggle.--

God understands that we are human--life is HARD---but He is so very good---and may our hearts still trust Him that this is so even when things don't make sense.

So when you know your brother or sister in Christ is hurting--and maybe don't even fully understand why, choose to be there for them----rather than giving those "quick answers" because their pain makes us "uncomfortable."

No comments: