Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Monday, September 13, 2010

Christ IS BETTER ...So What Distracts Us??

Hi Everyone,

The following is a quote from my previous blog post: "JESUS CHRIST IS INDEED BETTER THAN ANYTHING OR ANYONE ELSE IN THIS WORLD!! AND IF WE THINK THERE IS ANYONE OR ANYTHING BETTER, WE HAVE SERIOUS ISSUES-----MAY THERE BE NO DISTRACTIONS AS WE PURSUE HIM!!!"

John 17:14 "I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world."

1 Corinthians 2:12 "We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us."

1 Corinthians 3:19 "For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness"

1 Corinthians 7:29-31 "What I mean, brothers, is that the time is short. From now on those who have wives should live as if they had none; those who mourn, as if they did not; those who are happy, as if they were not; those who buy something, as if it were not theirs to keep; those who use the things of the world, as if not engrossed in them. For this world in its present form is passing away."

Titus 2:12 "It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age."

1 Peter 2:11 "Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul."

1 john 2:15-17 "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world—the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever."

Hebrews 12:1 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."


Beloved brothers and sisters,

The WORLD and IT'S DESIRES SO EASILY TRY TO ENTANGLE AND HINDER US----and it is possible that we are all MUCH MORE ENTANGLED IN THEM THAN WE REALIZE! (Myself included)

I had a major test of that in the last two weeks-it had to do with one of my other deepest desires---BUT life isn't about "ME GETTING WHAT I WANT AND BEING HAPPY" by all of the stuff that this world says is going to satisfy---but it's a lie--if we aren't doing God's will ORDAINED AND PLANNED FOR US FROM BEFORE THE CREATION OF THE WORLD, First by KNOWING HIM PERSONALLY, and secondly from SERVING HIM OUT OF LOVE AND GRATITUDE BECAUSE OF WHAT JESUS DID FOR US BY DYING IN OUR PLACE, AS GOD HAS CALLED US TO DO.....WE ARE NOT going to be satisfied!!!!

It's just the truth!!

Some questions to ponder before the Lord.....

How are you and I honestly "loving the World" rather than loving Christ first and foremost?

In what ways are you or I following the "wisdom of the world?"

What "worldly desires" are you and I giving in to that are passing away?

What is the sin that so easily is entangling each of us?

Is there anything swaying you and I from our sincere and pure devotion to Christ?

No comments: