Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Friday, August 6, 2010

Praise In The Morning!

Hi Everyone,

Yes, it is really early Friday morning. Ever since God saved me, I have had this sense of adventure and thrill at the thought of beginning each new day--something I never had before unless there was really something to get excited about...like Christmas, a vacation, or my birthday, or something like that.

And my response to the new day is joy and anticipation to walk through it with God even when I know in advance that there will be hard or difficult things in the day ahead. (yes, I have had several days like that since my life was transformed back in mid-May 2010 by the Lord.)

But even so, those adys just give me more to trust God for and in, and even in those times, my heart still echoes with the Psalmist saying, Psalm 118:24 "This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

Psalm 65:8 "Those living far away fear your wonders; where morning dawns and evening fades you call forth songs of joy.

Psalm 89:15-17 "Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O LORD. They rejoice in your name all day long; they exult in your righteousness. For you are their glory and strength, and by your favor you exalt our horn."

And In 1 Chronicles 23:30 We see that the Priests (Levites especially, it appears from the passage) had a responsibility as they went about their duties in the temple. Of them, it is said that, "They were also to stand every morning to thank and praise the LORD. They were to do the same in the evening." (Please read the whole passage to get the context for yourself.)

The pattern in exhibited as a style of life for the Believer in so many places...to give God the praise at the beginning and end of the day, and not only that, but we should be continually thinking upon the Lord during the day as well. This is a way that we can, among many other things, guard our minds and be alert, not being drawn so easily to think things that are not what God would have us focusing upon.

So the beginning and end of the day should have God as our focus---hearts of gratitude for what He has done for us through the person of Jesus Christ on our behalf. Everything all begins and "ends" with Him!

And not just today, but with each day that follows, where God lends us the breath, may we continue to do the same!

Psalm 96:1-4 "Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth.Sing to the LORD, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples. For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods."

So, honestly, even though it is a new day, I should get to bed, so that I will have strength to serve at the medical clinic later today----8 or 9 hours from now!! :) I will write more later today, as I have opportunity! Have a precious time, enjoying THIS NEW DAY in the Lord!

No comments: