Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Thursday, August 5, 2010

So So Valuable!!

Hi Everyone,

It is amazing to me the people that God allows me to rub shoulders with every day.

SO I went to do another Wal-Mart run today to pick up something for someone else, and while I was waiting for the bus, a young man came that has some kind of a condition, which affects him in various ways. Among many other things, he walked around constantly, not allowing himself to stand still. I had seen him on other previous Wal-Mart runs.

And as I watched him walking constantly and running about in his tall, almost too slender frame, I felt so burdened for him. I prayed for him silently and then said out loud, not even knowing if he even heard me, "You are so so valuable and precious. Don't ever let anyone tell you anything different. Jesus loves you!" He didn't respond or acknowledge my presence in any way. But at the sound of those words, for a few minutes he stopped walking and running around, and became still.

As the bus began to approach the bus stop, I said the same thing, one more time to him, "You are so precious and so valuable. Jesus loves YOU! Don't believe anything different." I would be led to believe that this young man has lived a life feeling "different" from others. Oh!---the lies that our society, and the world, and the devil try to feed us--which are the opposite of God's precious and life-changing, transforming truth!

I want to encourage you again with something I have said before. The challenge for us all to simply remember and live out by our (yours and mine) actions that people regardless of conditions, status, position, etc. are created in the image of God and valuable, and yet that apart from Christ they are held captive to sin and separated from God. I feel so much compassion and desire to tell them of Jesus' love (and do so with each opportunity I get), because they are prisoners, as I also, not so long ago was. They are in need of trusting in Jesus alone--that his death and resurrection was a sufficient payment in their place and on the behalf--for in Jesus Christ alone is the forgiveness of sins!

No comments: